Ascutney 2009

CANDALMAN
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney 2009

Post by CANDALMAN »

We will be racing, thats good enough weather for me!! The only thunder I'll be hearing will be cars ripping up the Mt. :D :D
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

We will hang in there with a little rain, but lightning anywhere nearby shuts us down. We use a hard-wired communication system, and it (not to mention the workers {like me!} who are attached to it) is very vulnerable to lightning.
Yes, we've tried several varieties of radios, and they all have issues, largely due to the rugged terrain. In addition, our hand-held "rover" radios have been known to pick up the local coyote hunters, and the Ascutney school janitor.
Our operational frequency is 151.955 , if anybody wants to listen in - but this is used mostly to call back to the phones, set up lunch, and the like.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Re: WEATHER UPDATE?

Post by walterclark »

RALLY200SX wrote:Anybody have a handle on what the weather looks like - the last I heard was thunderstorm late Saturday afternoon - dry on Sunday? Thanks, Jim
Watching the weather forecasts too closely will make you crazy. Only thing I am sure of is it will be different than forecast.

I predict it will be dark Friday and Saturday night followed by widely scattered light on Saturday and Sunday. And I would say less than 20% chance of accumulating snow.
The older I get the better I was.
RALLY200SX

Post by RALLY200SX »

Getting the rest of the stuff packed - spent the last week doing new shocks/struts/ball joints so I should be good to go. Looking forward to the event. I should be on-ste around noon tomorrow to help set-up and do whatever is needed. I'm hoping to get tech'd Friday afternoon - is that tech good all weekend or does everyone need to be tech'd daily?
#16 1987 Mazda RX7
jkale

Re: WEATHER UPDATE?

Post by jkale »

walterclark wrote:
RALLY200SX wrote:Anybody have a handle on what the weather looks like - the last I heard was thunderstorm late Saturday afternoon - dry on Sunday? Thanks, Jim
Watching the weather forecasts too closely will make you crazy. Only thing I am sure of is it will be different than forecast.

I predict it will be dark Friday and Saturday night followed by widely scattered light on Saturday and Sunday. And I would say less than 20% chance of accumulating snow.
That weather forecast is 100% accurate.

I think you should teach the meteorologists a thing or two.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
jkale

Post by jkale »

RALLY200SX wrote:Getting the rest of the stuff packed - spent the last week doing new shocks/struts/ball joints so I should be good to go. Looking forward to the event. I should be on-ste around noon tomorrow to help set-up and do whatever is needed. I'm hoping to get tech'd Friday afternoon - is that tech good all weekend or does everyone need to be tech'd daily?
One tech is all you need. Unless you crash and want to race again. Then you are susceptible to another inspection.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
dburden

Post by dburden »

Someone raised the question about registering on-line with PayPal. Well, you can do that through the www.sccnh.org web site. I know it's a little late now, but useful information for September.

Dave
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Had fun at Ascutney once again; good to see everyone again (and a lot of new folks). I'm trying to get the video off the camera (software is terrible for this camera; looking at other options).

A big thanks to Chris (BugEyeRex/blue subbie with spun bearing at Ascutney) for hooking us up with a sponsored "26 growlers" from Harpoon. We did a lot of walking on Friday night sharing the contents of the growlers, but we did a lot of back and forth walking as we could only carry two a a time. Of course, this allowed us to see the old hillclimbers and meet a lot of new folks. Good times, indeed.

A big thanks to the WORKERS and ORGANIZERS of this event. I know how much effort goes into a hillclimb and it is appreciated by all.

TSD Rally: Good idea. Actually a good speed going up the hill. I thought the 29.6 mph would have been painfully slow, but it was not. I didn't even notice the straight as we were yakking up a storm about the history of beer, cornering techniques, and Charlie's trip to Candy Mountain. :lol:

Valve Cover Racing: Okay, I now have a better understanding of what that is all about. A lot of nice projects.

Steve
(100% stock VW Golf with the American flag on the roof; okay, it has a little exhaust work too)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

spun bearing??
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
jkale

Post by jkale »

Thats right. The damn 102k mile motor I put in his car spun a bearing..The old owner used only Mobil 1...another mobil 1 2 liter spun bearing to add to the list. I felt pretty bad about it considering it ended his weekend after the first timed run.. I ended up having some problems of my own and working check 4 with Chris which turned out to be a pretty eventful corner. All in all, I had a good time..but was pretty disappointed with the amount of time that was wasted during the weekend. Sunday turned into a 4.5 hour hillclimb(didnt start till 11and ended at 3:30) with an hour lunchbreak in the middle.. :roll: .
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790