July !0-11

Robevo
AntiSpam: No

July !0-11

Post by Robevo »

Hi !
We are planning to go to this event. Anyone can help me to find the registration page . Also some planning help. Like Rooms , restaurants or there is a possibility BBQ for ourself etc. I never been there so some experienced advise would greatly help for us to plan this event. Also would be good for financial planning too.

Thanks Rob
walterclark

Re: July !0-11

Post by walterclark »

Hi Rob,

The entry form isnt posted yet. Did you find the 2009 entry form location? If not, go back to this forums Board Index and you will see a link as the second entry down to the hillclimb.org home page. From there click Events, Okemo and Entry Form. Also check the Information link as that has a bunch of helpful info about the hillclimb at Okemo and lodging, though the dates on this info is from last years Okemo 2.

Most of the organizers try to have entry stuff updated and posted a month before the event so this stuff should be updated for the July, 2010 Okemo anytime now.

The pits for this event is a very large dirt parking lot used mostly in winter for the mountain skiers. A few people will overnight there for the weekend but with no water or facilities you need to be self contained or very hardy to "camp". A few folks cook and eat there too but I am pretty sure there are no open fires permitted by town or similar law. Ludlow has a number of good places to eat, a nice small grocery is nearby the mountain in town and there are a lot of places to stay from low cost - like camping at Squirrel Hill - to pretty fancy B&Bs. The mountain itself and a place called Happy Trails Motel are pretty popular.
The older I get the better I was.
Robevo

Post by Robevo »

walterclark wrote:Hi Rob,

The entry form isnt posted yet. Did you find the 2009 entry form location? If not, go back to this forums Board Index and you will see a link as the second entry down to the hillclimb.org home page. From there click Events, Okemo and Entry Form. Also check the Information link as that has a bunch of helpful info about the hillclimb at Okemo and lodging, though the dates on this info is from last years Okemo 2.

Most of the organizers try to have entry stuff updated and posted a month before the event so this stuff should be updated for the July, 2010 Okemo anytime now.

The pits for this event is a very large dirt parking lot used mostly in winter for the mountain skiers. A few people will overnight there for the weekend but with no water or facilities you need to be self contained or very hardy to "camp". A few folks cook and eat there too but I am pretty sure there are no open fires permitted by town or similar law. Ludlow has a number of good places to eat, a nice small grocery is nearby the mountain in town and there are a lot of places to stay from low cost - like camping at Squirrel Hill - to pretty fancy B&Bs. The mountain itself and a place called Happy Trails Motel are pretty popular.

Thanks Walter!

I'll check them out. We already started to plan this.
See you there Rob
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Further info - The Loft Tavern is just across the access road from the pit enterance- if the cantankerous owner is open, the burgers rule! About 1/4 mile from the Okemo turnoff (downtown), TacosTacos does awesome "mexican" takeout.
If you decide to rent a condo on the mountain, make sure that you go through Okemo's rental agency - we booked through an "independent", and got stuck somewhere around Check Three. Just tell the folks at Okemo that you're coming for the hillclimb, they'll take care of you.
Trailers, cars, pit equipment may be left in the pits overnight, as some of us will be around to keep an eye on it, and we liason with Okemo's Security,
If you want to drink around the campfire, Squirrel Hill is the place to be! (Just bring your own toilet paper - the bath house has the old style 3x3 sheets!) Happy Trails is adjacent to Squirel Hill, which makes for a much safer journey from kegger to motel.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

(Just bring your own toilet paper - the bath house has the old style 3x3 sheets!)
Actually, they finally updated last year, IIRC.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Robevo

Post by Robevo »

coool Thanks guys!! see you up there !