OKEMO 1 entries coming in already.

walterclark

Re: OKEMO 1 entries coming in already.

Post by walterclark »

Window nets (on the drivers side in particular) and a hard top are acceptable instead of arm restraints.
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Had a great time this weekend.

Congratulations to Kevin Gale for getting back into the swing of things and getting FTD!!!

:o :o :o

I have lots of video and photos to post.... sometime this week (back to working on the Golf)

Sorry for having to flag Josh on Sunday.... looks like you were having a great run by checkpoint 4.

How is Pierre doing? Get home okay?

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Moto-Joe

Post by Moto-Joe »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Had a great time this weekend.

(back to working on the Golf)

Steve
I kept looking for the green Jetta to show up!
Did you switch to a Golf?

When will it be ready?
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

For such a strange event I have to admit I liked it a lot. :lol:
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I saw a post on facebook that it was a strange event. Do tell for those that weren't there Mr. FTD. Sounds like the expensive new suspension worked well enough.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

We started with rain Saturday morning. The forecast looked very grim and it seemed clear we would call the event for the day. But instead we just hung out for while and then decided we would do something different. We put a few workers on the hill with hand held radios and did FAM runs in groups of 8 cars. We did this for the rest of the day. For the most part it seemed to work out. It was definitely better than canceling.

Sunday we had great weather with a warm dry road. (Actually it was far too hot my my liking but it was better than rain.)

Sunday was a bit strange because we started out with Nick Wheelock breaking a axle on the line and Alex Grabau lost steering in the Evo and when off before check 1. Then later in the day we lost what seemed like a couple hours trying to extract Pierre's Evo from his accident just below finish. The car was a mess but Peirre was OK, I bet he is hurting today.

After lunch things seemed to flow more smoothly.

I'm finally starting to work the bugs out of my car thanks to Sherm and others. The motor that John Reed built just loves Okemo. I can use third gear in the four speed Muncie coming out turn 8 and I still can't put my foot all the way to the floor without breaking the rear tires free. In fact I only shift 6 times start to finish. (not counting shifting to first at the start line) The motor doesn't really care what gear I use. It's just what I asked for and so easy to drive. Now if I can just keep it on the road I'll be happy.

Strange thing is I failed one of my two goals for the weekend. I wanted to keep the car on the road and not go too fast. The problem is I just forget about everything once the countdown starts. :lol:
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

That motor sounds so sweet coming off the line and going thru the first three gears!
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Moto-Joe wrote:
Rabbit Farmer wrote:Had a great time this weekend.

(back to working on the Golf)

Steve
I kept looking for the green Jetta to show up!
Did you switch to a Golf?

When will it be ready?
The other way around... waiting for the green Golf to show up. I drove my daily driver Jetta to Okemo to work the hill. (2004, 126k miles, original clutch, great car) The Golf will be back. Check out the progress in the project section of the forums.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
W.Vaillancourt

Post by W.Vaillancourt »

Sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry I missed it. Hopefully my cash flow issues will stable out soon and I will be back on the hills with you guys.
downhilly

Post by downhilly »

Had a great time this weekend, despite Alex and Pierres crashes. Looking forward to next month.
-Kevin Rhoads