OKEMO 1 entries coming in already.

sachilles

Re: OKEMO 1 entries coming in already.

Post by sachilles »

Sounds like an eventful weekend. Wondered how the rain was down there, didn't have any rain to speak of in the Montpelier area Saturday during the day(aside from a sprinkle around noon). Poured Friday night though.
Sorry to hear about the carnage from all of those involved, but glad everyone is OK even if there car isn't.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

walterclark wrote:That motor sounds so sweet coming off the line and going thru the first three gears!

It feels good in the car. The start at Okemo is fun. Plenty of traction and a nice section to run up through the gears before the first corner. I love the traction since it's soooo much fun feeling my body get pushed back into the seat.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Moto-Joe wrote:
Rabbit Farmer wrote:Had a great time this weekend.

(back to working on the Golf)

Steve
I kept looking for the green Jetta to show up!
Did you switch to a Golf?

When will it be ready?

Joe-you on the sh*t list for beating the boss? :lol:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Moto-Joe
AntiSpam: No

Post by Moto-Joe »

sdwarf36 wrote:

Joe-you on the sh*t list for beating the boss? :lol:
Yeah - I'm afraid to go to work tomorrow... ;)
Especially since he was covering for me on Saturday :?

(We've still got to work that part out)
agrabau

Post by agrabau »

Pierre is okay. We're both suffering from hurting necks. I'm trying to replace a clutch on an EVO and it feels like someone's driving their thumb into the back of my neck.

Pierre's car is totalled. Even the transmission case is broken. (again)

My car is really messed up too but not as bad as Pierre's.

Here's a video of my crash. You can hear the strange noise of steering rack dislocation prior to my going off the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDND4W8ynL8

Watch my helmet enter the frame midway through. I think I'm going to try to get a HANS for next year.

Alex
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

agrabau wrote:Watch my helmet enter the frame midway through. I think I'm going to try to get a HANS for next year.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not looking forward to another piece of gear to put on since it already takes too long for me to get into the car but I value my neck.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I started using the Hans right after my rollover a couple years ago. At first it seemed like a PITA. Once I upgraded it to the sliding strap (standard now I think) it became much less of a hassle and I dont mind wearing it. I am probably going to replace my harness with 2" Hans compatible FIA units at some point because the standard 3" wide harness tends to slide off the Hans easily when getting into the harness and adjusting things.
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151

Probably posted already, but

Post by Mopar 151 »

A safety solutions R3 - can be velcro'd to the seat and left in the car! If exiting in a hurry - tears out of the velcro and comes with you.
Description from the Jegs website
The R3 is the only SFI 38.1 certified device that is totally independent of the seat belts. Engineered to disappear, the R3 is one of the most comfortable devices on the market! Combined with a simple installation of a u-shaped seat pad, the R3 disappears into the seat back, making the R3 undetectable to the wearer. The R3 out performs yoke style devices in all impacts. The low top allows for easier exit. Can be used with all seatbelts (including 3 point) and is the only SFI restraint that can be used without Seatbelts! Available in: small, medium, large, x-large and custom sizes. Also available in child and youth sizes in our Youth Systems section. (Device comes standard with Quick Releases, D-ring Kit, Molded Seat Pad & Installation Manual - everything you need to race!)

Easier Exit with low top
Comfortable! Engineered with Molded Seat Pad to Disappear
Available in Chest Strap version and In Seat version
Available in: small, medium, large and x-large & custom sizes
Seat Angles include: Straight 0-10 degrees (Change in the shoulder area)
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

There is a company on special stage that allows you to rent to own them as well. I think it's $100 per week. 5 or 6 rentals and it's paid for. I can find the link if folks are interested.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Sachilles