Okemo 2 and beer festival

Mopar 151

Re: Okemo 2 and beer festival

Post by Mopar 151 »

Sorry I missed the Jackson Gore part. I second what Walter sez about access - but we arrange for a road closure from The Loft to the dirt road by the pond anyway. If we sign the corner by the Loft (could BeerFest or Otter Creek provide one?), and put some cones down there, that should help, and we can move OUR traffic officer down, if we have any problems.
I think there's a gate or crossing below Check 2 we can block as well - people wandering around the mountain tend to pop up in a bad spot there.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

There is a gate at check 2.

I think the first driver to cause an on hill delay should be tasked with bringing wings back to everyone.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Yes, Seth, I know there's a gate AT check 2 - morons love to stand behind it! That's why I propose to stop the fools before they get there.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Ah, I see says the blind man.

My experience at that checkpoint is that 90% of the visitors at that checkpoint have a company name tag and uniform. Might be worth a mention to our okemo contact.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Thats where I had the dog (that I never saw) come running out before its owner :o . Gotta ask Sharon about it...
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
sharonroof

Post by sharonroof »

Hello to all of you who are in the process of having a breakdown.
Yes, there is a Beer Fest scheduled for August 7 (day one of Okemo II) at Okemo Mountain this year. Their plan is to hold it under the clock tower and to park some 1000 cars in the (our) pit area. From 2 to 5 pm: Drunken driving contest up the mountain road will be held. KSCC to have road access until noon, and then again after 6 pm.

Now, for those of you who have not yet had a heart attack--the rest of the story.....Prior to the next panic attack, consider this: The Okemo Mountain Resort Company is a top shelf organization run by capable professionals who are well aware of their event(s), schedule(s) and who do not support drinking and driving or putting the public in danger in any way. The beer fest is being held on the other side of the mountain.

Also, for your consideration: The KSCC Okemo events are some of the most effectively run events of any club. Between the two chairmen and a cadre of extremely helpful people such as Michele Baumann, Kelly Gale, Bill Hudson, Sharon Roof and a host of others--all you have to do is show up and have a good time.

Should you feel compelled to worry about the administration of the events--please give me a call and I will do everything in my power to allay your concerns.

Regards to all, Earl Hayes
W.Vaillancourt

Post by W.Vaillancourt »

Earl you are a very very funny man. For one brief second I was buying your sale right there.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sharonroof wrote: Yes, there is a Beer Fest scheduled for August 7 (day one of Okemo II) at Okemo Mountain this year. Their plan is to hold it under the clock tower and to park some 1000 cars in the (our) pit area. From 2 to 5 pm: Drunken driving contest up the mountain road will be held. KSCC to have road access until noon, and then again after 6 pm.
Sounds like what I heard about the good old days of hilllclimbing!
The older I get the better I was.
STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Post by STI NICK »

I'll drink to that...... :lol:
Nick
44 mod
AntiSpam: No

Post by 44 mod »

The loft will be open this weekend.