Okemo videos should work now

DennisRacing3

Re: Okemo videos should work now

Post by DennisRacing3 »

I guess ill get a pair of gloves. Surprised that thats the comment i got from my video lol. O well
Racing on the edge isnt dangerous its a game
DennisRacing3

Post by DennisRacing3 »

I dont like them but your right that is no excuse and thanks for reminding me Smokey. And thanks Dave.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Ok--I'll comment--nice job driving!!! :) You look like a seasoned pro-only thing I see that needs work is gear selection-I know its a bitch with a motor that likes a small high rpm range-it just takes a while to find the right combo-use Sat for working on it-purposly tell your self "do turn 22 in 3rd instead of second." Okemo gets me too-theres a few turns I can do in a couple of different gears.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Number_5
AntiSpam: No

Post by Number_5 »

OK I'll comment. Either the steering has a bad ratio or the tires are worn out!! I think any times I have made are in trouble if you ever get some good tires.
John M
A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings.
Albert
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

look for the ebay user "usdrrt", he usually has a ton of sticky 13 inch hoosiers for around 60 bucks a pair.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
DennisRacing3

Post by DennisRacing3 »

Thanks sherm. Lol i wouldnt go so much pro. But your opinion made me blush haha. JK. Ya the gear selection was def one of the first things i caught watching the video like the check two turn could have probably left in third. It was like one of those inbetween gear scenarios same with turn 19. I definately need to smooth it out a little. I figured out one of my problems is my right foot has a itching to go straight down all the time. But i havnt been in a car this powerful so i need to learn a more gradual throw down. John i know i need tires... it stinks because they cost more than i can afford but i might skip okemo for tires and save for philo. Which is unfortunate because i wanted to see if i could get a little closer to your personal best. ;) I have been looking at usdrrt and he has an awesome selection. Does anyone know anything about Hankooks because he was selling a pair real cheap and i was wondering if its because they are garbage or a new brand?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Hankooks are good tires put probably not well suited for hillclimbing as they tend to need a touch more time to warm up. No idea if they are better than what you are currently running or not.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Holy #@&%!!!!!! Great driving Josh. But!!!!! YOUR GOIN' TOO DAMN FAST AND WHERE ARE YOUR GLOVES!
Love ya, Dad
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

what size and compound do you need?
DennisRacing3

Post by DennisRacing3 »

Thanks dad. :D I can do 8, 9 and 10 by thirteen. Compound doesn't really matter..... super soft preferably though. Since we are only using them for three minutes at a time they need to warm up quick. Thanks.