help!!!

jondoe12
AntiSpam: No

help!!!

Post by jondoe12 »

ok this is prob one of the more confusing things i have tried. I am trying to register for the upcoming hill climbs but i can not find a registration form that was said to be on the sight. obviously i am probably just missing it but after an hour i am done searching.

ok so i filled out the form for car class and my 04 wrx with 350 hp is an unprepared right. so i just need to where a helmet long pant and shirt?
Mopar 151

Re: help!!!

Post by Mopar 151 »

If you've modified the car that much, it's likely an SP car. In any case, you will definitely need THE RIGHT fire extuinguisher, in a proper bracket. You will need a helmet rated Snell SA-95. You will need long sleeves and pants at a minimum, and suitable shoes - none of which can be nylon.
If you run faster than the "breakout time" for the mountain, you will need an approved rollcage, 5 - point harness in date, fire retardant clothing, and Nomex gloves.
Best thing to do is to print out the Tech rules, and go through your car and gear with them in hand. They are formatted as a checklist for that reason.
We really check this stuff - even the little stuff. Is your positive battery terminal covered? Is the battery bolted down? Have you pulled out the driver's floor mat, spare and the jack? If you are not wrenching on the car all the time, check the suspension for loose stuff, retorque the lug nuts, and check the air in the damm tires!
We' really not dicks about this stuff - but life is a lot easier when you breeze through tech and can concentrate on learning the course and driving the car.

Here's a direct link to the entry form: http://www.hillclimb.org/events/okemo/okemo_entry.pdf
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
jondoe12
AntiSpam: No

Post by jondoe12 »

That was very helpful thank you. I will do all of those things
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Everything is on http://www.hillclimb.org/. Entry forms and event info can be seem and printed from the Events button on the banner and rules can be found under Rules/Regulations - Technical Regulations, Classification and Class Determination Worksheet for 2010 are there. An online class determination spreadsheet can be found http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B90 ... NmIw&hl=en if you have a Google account and Excel.

Our U class requires that cars be "as produced" with a few stated allowed changes. To the best of my knowledge Subaru only made one 350 hp model and that was the 1998 produced 22B STi (399 sold JDM, plus 25 for export to the UK) with a EJ22 engine. That wasnt available in North America and it did not meet the minimum number produced requirement. I believe your car will be classed in SP.

John is correct with everything except the Helmet Snell date minimum. We will accept SA-2000 or SA-2005 but no longer SA-95 as stated in the 2010 technical regulations. We also accept helmets with the British Standard BS 6658-85 type A/FR, SFI Spec 31.1 Rev A or 31.2 Rev A, FIA 8860-2004 because we permit licensed performance rally cars and teams and these are accepted standards in rally.

Notice we do not accept helmets with DOT labels nor Snell M-20xx unless they also have one of the above certification labels.

If you require and have a full cage per our breakout time requirements and thus also require fire retardant clothing we accept outerwear with SFI 3-2A/5, SFI 3-2A/1, FIA Standard 8856-2000, FIA 1986 or Nomex labels or unrated smooth cotton outerwear with Nomex/Carbon-X underwear.

Read the fire extinguisher rule and come with the proper extinguisher properly installed per our rules.
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

My bad - forgot to double-check the rule and edit the post.
Brings up an important point, though - as evidenced by the recent brouhaha r/e Nomex gear at Ascutney, there are a number of people around who simply do not read the rules, and rely on recall of what somebody told 'em about the meeting they did'nt go to...
The deal is - there is only one set of rules - as published on this website. These may occasionally need clarification, or may be enforced more stringently sometimes - but that's the deal. If you have questions about particular points, it's best to look up the rule, and then we'll help sort it out.
There are some very resourceful people involved in this thing of ours, and we do want to help.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151