Need help with comm and timing gear

walterclark

Need help with comm and timing gear

Post by walterclark »

Don T is going to be gone to X-Games and will not be going to Okemo 2.

I will be doing tech with some help I have already recruited but the wire needs to be checked once in place and drop cords set on Friday night, then Saturday morning before the worker/drivers meetings the start timing light needs to be set up and checked. If the weather overnight Friday is bad the wire needs to be rechecked Saturday morning. Both happen while tech is open. I need a volunteer to take responsibility for this work at Okemo 2. You will need someone to help you with the Friday night wire verification by wearing a headset at Start while you drive up the hill placing drop cords and checking communications to Start from the drops at Checkpoints, Finish and Holding.

Please let me know if you can do this either on here or PM/Email.

Thanks.
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151

Re: Need help with comm and timing gear

Post by Mopar 151 »

I can probably lend a hand with this Friday nite or Sat. morning - I have to dissappear St. midafternoon for a family reunion (my wife has made this VERY clear). And I have some "customer support" to do as well, but I'm pretty sure that will work out.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Thanks John. I think that will be most helpful to me.

The comm checkout isnt too complicated. I connect the start headset and drop cord at Start and post a volunteer with the headset to have someone to talk with while I drive up the hill and put a drop cord at each Check, Finish and Holding, and at each I plug in to the end of the drop cord with a portable headset I have to be sure the wire and drop are functioning. I seldom experience any problems now that the wire was gone over this past winter, but things can happen. If there is a problem I dont expect you to try to repair it, just note what the symptom is and where it appears and get back to me at tech. The Start headset bos is then removed and brought back to Sherms site where the rest of them are kept. If the Friday night weather is good nothing with the wire needs to be redone.

Saturday morning the timing traffic light needs to be set up and tested and I like to have it done before the worker meeting so there is time to correct a problem should one crop up. I designed it so it is pretty hard to plug anything in wrong, and I even have the light stand marked with the leg settings for Okemo. I connect up the light bits, the light to the wire, aim the electric eye and I hook up the Start headset box too so when I press the start button I have a way to hear the tone on the wire to know the light is working and hooked to the wire correctly.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Another volunteer or 2 would be good, particularly for purposes of cross-training.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Number_5
AntiSpam: No

Post by Number_5 »

John,
I can help, but I doubt if I can be cross trained!
John M
A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings.
Albert
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Mopar 151 wrote:Another volunteer or 2 would be good, particularly for purposes of cross-training.
I agree completely.
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Does Ruth usually help with this, Walter? Maybe we can get in touch with her to be sure she is going to be there and let her know that we would need her to help.
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

kindabratty328 wrote:Does Ruth usually help with this, Walter? Maybe we can get in touch with her to be sure she is going to be there and let her know that we would need her to help.
Yes, Ruth often helps me out here - usually being the person who is wearing the Start headsets.
sharonroof

Post by sharonroof »

I could help out at the Start, but would need someone else to go up the hill.
Number_5
AntiSpam: No

Post by Number_5 »

That sounds like Ruth isn't coming. :(
A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings.
Albert