Need some opinions...

jkale

Need some opinions...

Post by jkale »

This is taken off of SCCHN's latest web update:

"Discussion regarding inappropriate behavior that took place at the end of event at the Mt Ascutney Hillclimb and
it was decided suspend Joey Kale, James Melhuish and James Phillips from the first SCCNH Mt.
Ascutney Hillclimb of 2011 for their conduct at the fall 2010 hillclimb. Motion was made to approve
of the suspension by John Stevens and seconded by David Estey. Motion Approved."

I just stumbled upon this and was wondering how SCCNH can prevent an SCCV member from entering in a NEHA event..

Does SCCNH have the final say to who can compete in the NEHA series?

Shouldn't there be a board of people to who have non-biased opinions making serious decisions like this one?

Im puzzled about how quickily we three get exluded when control's reaction to our inquiry was equally as rude... shouldnt everyone involved in the arguement be suspended the same?
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
sachilles

Re: Need some opinions...

Post by sachilles »

The individual clubs control the events. So that is something within their control. They couldn't suspend you for a kscc nor sccv event, but they can for a sccnh run hill.

My suggestion is to email their president, and ask for an audience at their next club meeting, so that the issue can be discussed. Then the three of you can present your side of the issue. Discuss it calmly and rationally and see where the chips fall.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Joey mentioned this to me this morning so I shot off an e-mail to Howard (SCCNH president), Drew Young, and Don Taylor. That was all the SCCNH e-mail addresses that I had in my contacts. I'm hoping to have a conversation with them as I have concerns about how the SCCNH reaction will affect the overall NEHA series.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

As has been pointed out SCCNH sanctions the event and they can do this. NEHA is just a name. There are no NEHA officers and NEHA has no official existance. The individual clubs agree to adpot a common set of rules for running a series these are called the "NEHA" rules but they don't explictly limit the clubs from choosing who gets to enter their events.

There is a rule that says:
"Events that impose additional restrictions on drivers or cars beyond these rules, other than those required to use the hill facilities, will not be included in the annual points."

However it's not clear that suspending a specific person is covered by that. Even if it is covered the only recourse from the rules is to exclude the event from annual points.

I wasn't present at any of these events but it seems very harsh to suspend Joey when he publicly apologized for his part in this.
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

KevinGale wrote: There is a rule that says:
"Events that impose additional restrictions on drivers or cars beyond these rules, other than those required to use the hill facilities, will not be included in the annual points."

However it's not clear that suspending a specific person is covered by that. Even if it is covered the only recourse from the rules is to exclude the event from annual points.

I wasn't present at any of these events but it seems very harsh to suspend Joey when he publicly apologized for his part in this.
by excluding him from an event would be an additional restriction, and I would think it would have to be excluded from the series. At least the way I read it. (where is the smiley with his arms up when you need it :roll: )
I wasn't there for any of it as well. I only know what has been said by those that were there. Seems very harsh to me as well.
Nick
Dave Patten

Post by Dave Patten »

Let me help set the record straight on a couple items that may not be clear.

The SCCNH member John Stevens who made the motion to "suspend Joey Kale, James Melhuish and James Phillips from the first SCCNH Mt. Ascutney Hillclimb of 2011" is NOT the John Stevens that has been a part of NEHA for several years, but a first time hillclimber and regular SCCNH autocrosser. Same name but different individual.

Joey's public apology came on Wednesday, the day following SCCNH’s Tuesday night club meeting where the motion was presented and accepted to suspend him and the others.

Joey, you asked for opinions so here you go. Given the alleged severity of all the actions that transpired (I was not at Ascutney). This forum, Facebook and all other means of public messaging will not put to rest the issue, but only deepen the resolve of those that brought it forward against you. If you and the other suspended individuals want reconsideration, you and only you will need to personally request it be reviewed by SCCNH.

Here are the club’s key officials and means of contact.

SCCNH President
Howard Roundy
her_elise@yahoo.com
603-228-8512

SCCNH Vice President (Co-Chair of the 2010 Fall Ascutney)
Dave Burden
dburden@hughes.net
603-543-0106

It is in the hands of the three of you. You can formally make a request for review or you can continue to post to public forums trying to sway opinion.

Personally, the use of public forums provides me with a great deal of entertainment. It’s kind of like having Jerry Springer shows on-demand. But that is just my take on how a lot of forum posts go.
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Dave... thanks for posting that. I would have to agree that parties involved should reach out for a discussion

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Number_5

Post by Number_5 »

A Yup
Kinda like "an old man's perspective"
A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings.
Albert
jkale

Post by jkale »

I love it how you can drink and drive at Ascutney but when one arguement arises you get suspended... :roll:
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
haley735

Post by haley735 »

opinions wanted- here ya go.....

while i was not there from what i have gathered is that there were a few folks who voiced displeasure with not running right up until 5 pm.

i see there was 6 runs made on sunday, 5 runs on saturday...that is good seat time for a fall ascutney.
if one had an issue with quitting early-they should have seeked out the chair, not control.
arguing will never get you anywhere, esp. when you are trying to plea that an all volunteer group should work right up to the last minute allowed.
from the social media circus, it seems like you are being a crybaby- gonna take your toys and go home. the right thing to do would have been to contact the SCCNH representatives in private before posting all over the internet. if that didnt work and you couldnt reach an amicable result- then perhaps voice your displeasure.
i think everyone should co-chair an event, to give them a real understanding of how things work, and just how hard it is to pull off.
airing out dirty laundry on the internet is a cur move. and equally disturbing is your dry snitching. it isnt going to help your cause, quite frankly its an extremely juvenille tactic.

you asked for the opinions.

the entire core NEHA group, the collective clubs that make it up, and the volunteers who make it all possible- are possibly the most laid back easy going folks you will ever meet in any sort of racing environment.