Spring Ascutney 2011

sdwarf36

Re: Spring Ascutney 2011

Post by sdwarf36 »

honda#72 wrote:Thanks to all workers and the chairs of the event. The event went very smoothly and the weather finally cleared up just enough, the awards were also a nice touch.
Chris-congrats on 4th overall. Not knowing the road conditions or any other factors, that sticks out as a darn good finish for a 2wd "street" car. ;)
And I'm now worried-i don't know if the world is ready for TWO Arlo's! :lol:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

KevinGale wrote:I see both Sat and Sun.
I still get that it is not posted for sunday??? weird cause I really want to print it out and post it on my stupid cubicle wall.
honda#72
AntiSpam: No

Post by honda#72 »

Chris-congrats on 4th overall. Not knowing the road conditions or any other factors, that sticks out as a darn good finish for a 2wd "street" car. ;)
And I'm now worried-i don't know if the world is ready for TWO Arlo's! :lol:[/quote]

Thanks Sherm. I'm pretty happy with the results. It was all done on Oem suspension, 164,000 mile stock engine, stock intake and exhaust. Looks like all the hours spent over the winter paid off. I finally got the alignment and the chasis dialed in, and am getting more familiar with the car. It's my first non-front drive car that I've raced, and it's taken a bit of getting used to, but it's starting to feel good. :)
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sdwarf36 wrote:i don't know if the world is ready for TWO Arlo's! :lol:
Definitely not, he's unique. He did get lots of runs last weekend via those two entries. Counting fam runs I only drove up the hill 5 times all weekend. I think Arlo did that before lunch on Saturday.
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

honda#72 wrote:Chris-congrats on 4th overall. Not knowing the road conditions or any other factors, that sticks out as a darn good finish for a 2wd "street" car. ;)
And I'm now worried-i don't know if the world is ready for TWO Arlo's! :lol:
Thanks Sherm. I'm pretty happy with the results. It was all done on Oem suspension, 164,000 mile stock engine, stock intake and exhaust. Looks like all the hours spent over the winter paid off. I finally got the alignment and the chasis dialed in, and am getting more familiar with the car. It's my first non-front drive car that I've raced, and it's taken a bit of getting used to, but it's starting to feel good. :)[/quote]

and you're in the same class as my 1.6 diesel! :roll: congrats on those times, nice driving.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

sciroccohp wrote:
KevinGale wrote:I see both Sat and Sun.
I still get that it is not posted for sunday??? weird cause I really want to print it out and post it on my stupid cubicle wall.
Dave... are you using Windows OE? :D

I just checked myself and both Saturday and Sunday are posted. They are two separate links next to each other if that is any help.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

works from home, yes windows IE at work. I will check at home.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I said Windows OE... Operator Error. :mrgreen:
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

must be something with my work computer, works at home but not at work. weird, oh well I will have to print it out at home and bring it in.