2011: Okemo #1 Photos and Videos

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

2011: Okemo #1 Photos and Videos

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Photos from Saturday (CP3) and Sunday (CP4) on VermontRacing.com

I also took video from the same locations. Should get that posted one of these days....

All images available in full size for the asking. Payment of microbrew beer-ha-ha is always acceptable.

Steve

PS - If you rec'd spam from me (sccvermont@aol.com), make sure to delete it.... I have correct the issue (I believe).
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
spalind

Re: 2011: Okemo #1 Photos and Videos

Post by spalind »

Oooo!! Nice shots! Any video of my truck? God knows I was going slow enough that you probly used up all your memory in one of my "passes"...
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Some great shots there. Thanks!
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

spalind wrote:Oooo!! Nice shots! Any video of my truck? God knows I was going slow enough that you probly used up all your memory in one of my "passes"...
I noticed that you weren't geared perfectly to pull out of the corners. I believe that I have video of all cars on Saturday and some cars on Sunday (I did the higher speed cars on Sunday as it was a straight). I have not had a chance to go through the video yet.... working on the cars today.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
spalind

Post by spalind »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
spalind wrote:Oooo!! Nice shots! Any video of my truck? God knows I was going slow enough that you probly used up all your memory in one of my "passes"...
I noticed that you weren't geared perfectly to pull out of the corners. I believe that I have video of all cars on Saturday and some cars on Sunday (I did the higher speed cars on Sunday as it was a straight). I have not had a chance to go through the video yet.... working on the cars today.

Steve
Yeah, it was tough....I needed to keep it pinned at the rev limiter in 2nd to go anywhere and for that tight "left then right" I had to go to first and brings the rpms WAY down and I have no power there to get revs back up. I was doing better later in the day on Sunday when I learned I could "drift" the rear of the truck around in first and keep the rpms up. Cut some 14 seconds off my time from Saturday to Sunday. Hope to cut another 14 or so out at the next event before the limits of the vehicle start kicking in over the limits of the potato between my ears...
agrabau

Post by agrabau »

Jimi's launch taken from my I phone-

aphillips66

From a bike's perspective...

Post by aphillips66 »

This is how it looked for me:

Thanks for including the bikes. We really appreciate racing with you guys.

:)
walterclark

Re: From a bike's perspective...

Post by walterclark »

aphillips66 wrote:This is how it looked for me:

So what happened to the camera at about 3:29 and how did you find it?
The older I get the better I was.
aphillips66

Re: From a bike's perspective...

Post by aphillips66 »

walterclark wrote:
aphillips66 wrote:This is how it looked for me:

So what happened to the camera at about 3:29 and how did you find it?
I had the GoPro bolted to the skid plate. The skid plate's mounting rivets let go and fell off the bike. I heard the metal hit the ground. When I looked back, I saw it sliding to the edge of the road. I thought the workers at check 5 might have picked it up. It was still sitting there on the side of the road when I went down the hill...and recording. I have video of all the cars in group A going past. Funny how the camera landed upright and facing the road...and kept recording. :D I'll probably make another video with other footage I got over the weekend. Stay tuned...