Okemo Lodging

44 mod
AntiSpam: No

Re: Okemo Lodging

Post by 44 mod »

as far as a hangout the loft will be open for the next event.can make for a slow start on sunday
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

44 mod wrote:as far as a hangout the loft will be open for the next event.can make for a slow start on sunday
I like the loft. Good food (lots of good food... you can't finish the pulled pork) and a good beer selection (read: they have Switchback and usually something like double or triple bag)

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
spalind

Post by spalind »

agrabau wrote:Yeah Dan next time if you can handle how annoying we are you should stay with us. The place was good but my ongoing complaint is the lack of AC. The condos are very hot in the summer. We just didn't mention the parking to them and parked 3 or 4 extra cars there.
I may do that. Nah, you guys aren't annoying...I just don't like feeling like a 3rd (or in this case a 6th or whatever) wheel. It's all good, I had a great time and everyone was super cool to a newbie like me with an uber slow vehicle. I'll have to get more bells and whistles for that damn truck....Know anyone who can help with that Alex?? :D
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Confessions of a resort employee:
I work for a competing resort, and it is much the same with us. Most of the condo's in our rental pool were built in the 70's. No thought was given to A/C then, as the winter was the prime rental time. In addition most have electric heat, or least had it when built. Like okemo, our condos are individually owned, and therefore it's up to the owner to equip the place. We actually have a rating system. The best equipped units get higher ratings. We rent out the best units first. So to maximize your rental income it's in your best interest to have a well equipped(high rated) unit. I'd imagine okemo operates in similar fashion. To get the best units, early reservations are key. Late reservations rely on the luck of the draw.
Of course the new stuff we've built is different, and I'm sure it's the same with okemo, if you stay at jackson gore you'll get A/C but also shell out more cash.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
b5s4mike

Post by b5s4mike »

I think we'll go to Happy Trails, Im sure Ill regret it once I see how sweet the lodge is.

Walter, the reviews of Happy Trails are terrible. Is it really that bad or is it just people complaining? For the price I don't expect much other than it being clean.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I never read the "reviews" until you mentioned them. Based on them I would never stay there.

I have never stayed in the winter and most of what I read was that and it may be different then. Or it is just people expecting too much.

I have always booked directly thru their web site, never had an issue with a dirty or musty room, no problem with the staff, the furniture or equipment (TV, coffee pot, mini-fridge, etc.) and have never used anything like the hot tub (not sure it is even operating in summer).

For comparison I have stayed at every economy motel in Sullivan Co. NY during my 6 year tenure as chief scrutineer at RNY and all but one have been MUCH worse.
The older I get the better I was.
b5s4mike

Post by b5s4mike »

Thanks, online reviews are sometimes only the most angry and picky people. I figured it couldnt be that bad.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

From my one + only meeting with the owner-I can believe anything said about rude + nasty staff. As easy going as I am-I would have run over the MF if given the oppertunity.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
b5s4mike

Post by b5s4mike »

From my one + only meeting with the owner-I can believe anything said about rude + nasty staff. As easy going as I am-I would have run over the MF if given the oppertunity.

I read that wrong when I read it 2 weeks ago. Were booked, I hope I don't have to get my Saab bloody its first time out.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I am there as well. I have stayed at Happy Trails since 2007 and have never met a rude person. I dont know who Sherman met but no one I have met meets that description. The family that runs the place and has since I began staying there is Indian.
The older I get the better I was.