Want to try a hillclimb this year

xrocket21
AntiSpam: No

Re: Want to try a hillclimb this year

Post by xrocket21 »

I don't auto-x with SCCA for many reasons, one of them being that they don't approve the use of methanol injection.

I have never had a problem with it a track days.

I KNEW there was gonna be an issue somewhere. :x
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

xrocket21 wrote: Yup, you are correct, looks like my helmet isn't good enough :roll:
Complies with FMVSS218 (DOT) and Snell M2005
There are 2 issues with an M helmet. They may not meet flame retardant requirements for the lining and they may not meet the impact requirements for Snell SA and a few other motorsport standards. like BS 6658-85 type A/FR, SFI Spec 31.1 Rev A or 31.2 Rev A, FIA 8860-2004.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

If it comes down to it, you should be able to borrow a helmet from a different run group.

I thought you were going to England this summer?
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
xrocket21

Post by xrocket21 »

Yeah, I could try that i suppose.

I was gonna go to england, then they backed out on me last minute.

So I ended up breaking up with my girl of 3.5 years, not going to england for a year, and finding a new place to live all in one week.

Girls eat chocolate or haagen daaz when they break up

I picked up a fresh tune, kw v3 coilovers, and a 4 point cage.

i feel better already.....
jkale

Post by jkale »

CANDALMAN wrote:I paid $250 my for my G-Force. Where did you get yours?? Make sure when you buy a helmet it's an SA2005!!

Soloracer.com
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
jkale

Post by jkale »

xrocket21 wrote:I don't auto-x with SCCA for many reasons, one of them being that they don't approve the use of methanol injection.

I have never had a problem with it a track days.

I KNEW there was gonna be an issue somewhere. :x
where have you had a problem with meth injection? once you dilute it with any water, it is non-flammable. Its windshield washer fluid essentially.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
xrocket21

Post by xrocket21 »

Its against SCCA rules, so I cant run with NER

but the system is on daily driving, i use it drag racing and on track days.

I am from maine, and always ran with cumberland motor club

technically it is kind of against the rules there too, since they mostly follow scca rules, but they are willing to over look it.

I love the stuff, and I get excellent gains from it, and if its fine for me on the street, then its fine for me racing.

I agree completely, but thats the way the rules are.

I run an 80/10 mix of meth and water, im not sure how flamable that is.

I tried lighting it when I ran a 50/50 mix, and that wouldnt light.
jkale

Post by jkale »

maybe you should refer to it as "water injection" instead of meth injection. It then becomes harmless.

a suggestion: you should run more water in the mix. especially in the warmer weather. I think you will see more gains this way..i know I do.

..and I have read that once 1% of water is introduced in the mix it wont burn until atomized.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

As the guy who wrote the fuel rule, I gotta tell ya - the SCCA fuel rules are mostly about "whiners" - they went to fuel check for all classes in roadracing a few years ago, when some RX7 guys found out that oxygenated street gas (RFG) was faster than race gas in a rotary. Now , you hafta run unleaded race gas to pass fuel check in Showroom Stock, 'cuz the summer gas in New England is oxygenated.

Basically, we ban only explosives (hydrazine/nitro mix) and straight oxygen. If you wanna run 98% "pop", we wanna watch!!!!! As long as the pistons you burn are your own......
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I have a helmet and I'm not driving this weekend. I'll try to remember to bring it and if it fits you can borrow it for the weekend.

I'll be in site 19 or just ask anyone if they have seen Kevin Gale pretty hard to find anyone who doesn't know me since I do the timing and scoring when I'm not racing and I still print and hand our the results even when I am racing. (Helps that I haven't missed a NEHA event in going on 15 years now.).