Ascutney Spring 2009 videos

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney Spring 2009 videos

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Alex... were you using on of those Hero video cameras?

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
agrabau

Post by agrabau »

Steve, yes it was..
HILLHO

Post by HILLHO »

Thanks everyone for a memorable event, had a wonderful time, and I'll be back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0g6PfanvU
See you at one the Okemo events for sure!
Fabio D'HillHo Vlacci
#911 MR2
http://www.HILLHO.com

Mid-Atlantic Hillclimb Info
http://www.pahillclimb.org
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

What struck me about the video of the off at Turn 13 was the workers were in a bad spot. If someone came in really hot they could end up hitting workers. The workers should be on the other side of one of the vehicles.

Kevin
AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB »

jkale

Post by jkale »

KevinGale wrote:What struck me about the video of the off at Turn 13 was the workers were in a bad spot. If someone came in really hot they could end up hitting workers. The workers should be on the other side of one of the vehicles.

Kevin
There was really no way we could have gotten hit. You really cant carry that much speed through that turn, plus, you would have to plow through the 3.5' deep ditch, or through a 12"+ diameter tree. We were pretty safe.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Look at Antonys video--1:35 into it. Not only can it happen, it DID happen on Monday-there was a car vs. ambulance incedent with a vintage club doing a 1 day run-a Lotus went into the same truck we had after going off. :o
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

jkale wrote:There was really no way we could have gotten hit. You really cant carry that much speed through that turn, plus, you would have to plow through the 3.5' deep ditch, or through a 12"+ diameter tree. We were pretty safe.
I think you might be surprised. I've seen a lot of wrecks working the last 15+ years. A three foot ditch won't always stop a car. Sometines it just causes the car to roll. So the wheels hit the ditch and stop but the car just starts to roll and rolls right over the ditch. Also the line on that corner allows the car to straddle the ditch. What I saw on the video leads me to believe that those workers were not in a safe spot. They should be on the other side of the vehicles. You also have to worry about secondary impacts since the car could hit the table which then hits someone. The car will also bounce of things like other vehicles and chance direction even with a low speed the mass is a killer.

I've also been there and done that. Kelly and I had a car land three feet away from us at finish when we thought we were in a safe spot. :o
jkale

Post by jkale »

Yeah, you're right. I WAS prepared to run. I got a pic of Alex as he came around the turn... its funny, its the only picture that is really blurry... I had already started running.. :lol:
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Joey might have heard me grumbling a little about the position of the radio/head set equipment. I started standing on the picnic table so I could make a quick exit. :D
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)