Need workers?

AgentRabbit
AntiSpam: No

Need workers?

Post by AgentRabbit »

Was interested in working this event since my boyfriend was planning on running his car (if it's legal), but I'd also have to bring my dog up with me. Could I make it work with a dog? I've never been to a hilclimb event before and I heard you need workers.... any advice?
Chief Geek

Re: Need workers?

Post by Chief Geek »

1st time worker?

7 check points spread out along the length of the hill. Typically, 2 people at each checkpoint. I'm sure you'll be teamed with someone that's been around the block before, I've never seen a rookie and a low experience person manning a checkpoint alone. The only real requirements are a good attitude and a willingness to try new things. Setting up the checkpoint takes a couple of repititions before you can do it yourself, but not hard. Radio protocol is simple and the people on the other end are easy-going and patient. Should be fun.

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

And dogs are not normally a problem. Of course they need to be tied up somehow at the checkpoint so there isn't any chance of them running into the road.

Also if you go to http://www.hillclimb.org/rulesregs.html there are worker guidelines and a worker tip sheet.
AgentRabbit

Post by AgentRabbit »

thanks for the info! not a first time worker, just first time for hillclimb. worked for scca, motorcycle races, etc. I'll check out that link :)
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

AgentRabbit wrote:thanks for the info! not a first time worker, just first time for hillclimb. worked for scca, motorcycle races, etc. I'll check out that link :)
We love workers and experienced workers are even better. You will even get free lunch and drinks. You can bring your driver boyfriend if you must. :lol:
AgentRabbit

Post by AgentRabbit »

free drinks- I'm sold. if my boyfriend can get his car legal in time, I'd be happy to work :)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Yep, Ascutney is a great event. Next NEHA hillclimb at Ascutney is Sept 14-16, 2012

Schedule: http://www.hillclimb.org/schedule.html
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

If I want to come work a day or even a weekend, do I just have to show up at the workers meeting? or is there some signup somewhere that I'm unaware of?
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Challenger392 wrote:If I want to come work a day or even a weekend, do I just have to show up at the workers meeting? or is there some signup somewhere that I'm unaware of?
You can show up the day of. Daily worker meeting is around 7:15 usually. You'll have to sign the waiver and get a wrist band.

Things to bring:
A chair to sit in. A mini cooler with snacks and non-alcohol drinks(lunch is provided). Clothing for all kinds of weather. Bug spray and sun screen. Avoid the color red whenever possible.
When they announce who the worker coordinator is, it isn't bad to email them ahead of time to let them know you are coming, but you can show up day of and be fine......and thank you in advance for working.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Very cool, I'm going to try my best to be there for ascutney 2.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K