Ascutney II Length Change

Shenglehoffer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney II Length Change

Post by Shenglehoffer »

Wire crew will be running wire to the traditional finish, reguardless. Word on the street is that Saturday we will goto check 7, and if (read: when) enough people whine about it, we may revert back to our usual (read: proper) finish location on Sunday.

Everyone runs their own race, if I didn't have to lift past check 7, I could run a heck of a lot faster than a 2:4x ;) but I do, and so won't everyone.
Erik Saunders
Troyer mod (needs a better name)
Death Mod (RIP)
Shenglehöffer E30 (RIP)
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

I'm not a driver, but it seems to me that if a decision has been made by SCCNH, it should not change half way through the weekend no matter what the level of whining is. There is no whining in racing :D

Michele
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I'm not sure what the cones would accomplish, aside from making a poor worker have to chase after them repeatedly.

Sure hope the hill can be setup as it traditionally has been done, so that at the very least folks can go from ch7 to the traditional short finish at full tilt, regardless of where the timing gear ends up.

If the bumps are deemed a safety issue, perhaps a little orange paint on the worst ones to help folks identify them.

Altering the course creates an issue for those chasing points. It is not an equitable solution, unless the organizers feel that above check 7 is a safety issue. Given the stated desire to go to the long course in the spring, it suggests that safety is not the primary motivating factor here. Removing a section of the course will not affect all competitors equally, and as a result it runs the risk of affecting point standings. It seems that this decision is a little rushed, and I hope those behind the scenes of this change will reconsider this decision.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

kindabratty328 wrote:I'm not a driver, but it seems to me that if a decision has been made by SCCNH, it should not change half way through the weekend no matter what the level of whining is. There is no whining in racing :D

Michele
The involvement of the SCCNH board in this matter is very limited, Terry miss-spoke when he said it was voted on. It's up to the event chair what happens on the hill as has always been the case in issues such as this.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Agreed-run short or run long-just do the same all weekend. I can see some slowing past ck 7-and others using it as practice for Sun.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Very good point about the record breaking possibilities.. Paul is there.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

If we do run to check point 7, can we still have the cars collect at the top (traditional finish) and man that finish with a worker…. This would allow people to continue racing to the top if they want. Those that don’t want to, they can drive slower (not too slow) to the top.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Terry.Murphy

Post by Terry.Murphy »

Unfortunately that's a call for Jeff and Drew and not myself.

Although the change wasn't something I am fond of either I will still be at the event and having a blast with all the NEHA folk that I have gotten to know. Next year, we can hope for better!
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
jkale

Post by jkale »

Terry.Murphy wrote:Next year, we can hope for better!
This has been a common theme...
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:If we do run to check point 7, can we still have the cars collect at the top (traditional finish) and man that finish with a worker…. This would allow people to continue racing to the top if they want. Those that don’t want to, they can drive slower (not too slow) to the top.
From the general regs:
29. There will be no racing anywhere other than on the course during timed
runs.
At the option of the chair, pace or speed controls may be imposed on
noncompetitive transits or bringdowns. Penalties for violations may include
loss of runs or disqualification. Running a red flag constitutes a violation.

This has bad idea all over it. Some folks slowing down--and others in full race mode?? Wasn't there an extreme uproar when Mike Wilson would blast to check 7-and then crawl-while cars were approching at race speed? How would this be different?
If its part of the course, I'll be drive thru the minefield as fast as I can. If its not,I'll be going at a very reduced pace. Its the same as the downroad at Philo-or the road beyond holding at Okemo. Not between start + finish-NOT part of the course.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.