North East Motor Sports Museum

NHRallyGuy

North East Motor Sports Museum

Post by NHRallyGuy »

Good morning,

The purpose of this posting is to let you know of an exciting new project that's currently underway. It's spearheaded by longtime NASCAR TV analyst and Speedway Illustrated Publisher/Editor Dick Berggren from Ipswich, MA - it's called the North East Motor Sports Museum. A museum to tel the story of motorsports in the Northeast is long overdue, so Dick has created a program that's very exciting. When completed, the MEMS Museum will be located at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in Loudon, NH. The plans call for approximately 20,000 square feet and it will be co-located with a new 60.000 square foot office complex at NHMS.

My main reason for sharing this information with you is, I was invited by Dick to join the Board of Directors to represent the "Sportscar Community" which will include road racing, rally, auto-x, rally-x and hillclimbing! The plan is to have rotating displays on the first floor of the museum to represent various facets of motorsports...so northeast hillclimbing will have a presence in the museum from time to time. To ensure that, members of SCCNH recently voted to join the organization as a Platinum Charter member and purchase a Brick for the Museum's "Wall of Fame".

The NEMS Museum is a long overdue component to sharing the history of motorsports in the northeast and when completed, it will serve as a way in which the stories of all facets of racing can be shared. I'd like to encourage everone involved in NEHA to please consider contributing to the project... it's a non-profit organization and we need to raise $1.2 million dollars in order to break ground on the new building. Basic memberships in the NEMS Museum can be purchased for as little as $35.00 and other levels are available as well if you'd like to contribute more. I'd also like to encourage KSCC and SCCV to both consider contributing to the NEMS museum as Clubs at whatever levels you feel comfortable - I can tell you that your help will be greatly appreciated by all those who are voluteering on the Board. Fore more information, please visit the Museum's official web site at:
http://www.nemsmuseum.com/

Should you have any questions regarding the NEMS Museum, how to contribute as an individual or how your Club can contribute, please feel free to contact me directly. My contact information is posted below...

Thanks,

Paul Giblin
NEMS Museum
Board of Directors
Cell: (603) 986-1217
E-mail: paulgiblin@usa.net
Paul Giblin
Cell Phone: (603) 986-1217
E-mail: paulgiblin@usa.net
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Re: North East Motor Sports Museum

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

All good news. If you look through the posts here on "old school cool", you'll see some posts from Rich Von Snidern. His Dad, Pete, has done several restorations for Dick Berggren. Rich ran Mt Philo a few years back, Pete and I spent a couple days talking old time racing - tell him I said hello.