Protocol for workers at turns (worker stations)

DaveEstey
AntiSpam: No

Re: Protocol for workers at turns (worker stations)

Post by DaveEstey »

I can't say enough good things about the new hardware we got for Ascutney. Night and day difference.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Don Kennedy
AntiSpam: No

Post by Don Kennedy »

While I don't know the specifics of the systmes. I do know that until last year we were using wire laid from the bottom to the top of the hills (sounds alot like you described your system). One problem we had that you probably don't have is that the roads we use are public roads and therefore the wire was subject to vandalism because we had no control over traffic on the road. I imagine your roads being access roads for ski slope is much different. It was 2 years ago that they went to a wireless system.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Sounds like what you were using is similar to what we have in terms of basic technology. Our mountain roads are closed ended but for the most part they become open for public access from when we stop racing one day until we begin again the next. So the possibility of theft and vandalism is always there, although I dont recall much in the way of a problem in that regard. We do remove the more sensitive or relatively expensive pieces when we vacate the checkpoints each day, such as the hand held radios, headsets and timing equipment, but this has as much to do with the risk of damage from weather as it does theft or vandalism.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

...and don't forget the fire extinguishers....vandals love to play with them.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66