new to the forum

kwort
AntiSpam: No

new to the forum

Post by kwort »

Hello just saying hi and looking around, I want to buy a car and start racing but first I want to ask as much as I can so as I dont screw up too bad when I finally get to race. :lol:
Me and my brother raced one time in 2004 at burke in a red porche 944 we were so slow our first couple runs (well all the runs we were slow) we got beat by a turbo mini van!! oh well I still get butterflies when I think about the fun we had racing. so I think I found a car and we are gonna try to get into it with a race specific car, not my brothers daily driver!!

I am looking to be at the burke race in june but we are having a baby due the 10th so who knows.. If I can make it I want to help out with the track and whatever else that may need to be done. I dont think that our perspective car will be ready yet but I want to be involved at the races anyway..even if I cant drive..
a future thanx to everyone who helps us and a big thanx to all the people at that 04 burke event for making the whole experience so fun I can't wait to return.
Number_5

Re: new to the forum

Post by Number_5 »

Hi Kieth,
It appears you were infected alright. See you at Burke.
John
kwort

Post by kwort »

looked at the car today.. its gonna be a project but I think I am just gonna go for it... I am getting psyched....
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

We welcome you back! Either as a worker or driver. There is a steady supply of chores to do from around 2pm Friday and all weekend long. Its a good way to learn a hill and to get ask drivers + workers all your questions.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Yes, please come. We need entrants and workers and we really love it when new people show up.