Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Thanks to the organizers and the workers... and everyone that pitched in one way or another.

I had a great time.... still like the "traditional" course over the "short course", but that can be a separate discussion elsewhere and at a different time.

Did I mention that I had a great time?

Congrats to Kevin R. for a FTD and a hill record... naturally.... of course, I hold the hill record in SP4. Um, everyone in 1st place holds a hill record in their class. :lol:

And Mike R.... way to keep at it and not giving up on the car. I will e-mail you some photos.

So.... post your photos and videos in this thread.

Happy 30th anniversary of Smokey's 40th birthday!

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
PRODOG

Re: Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

Post by PRODOG »

Good Day All,

On behalf of SCCNH and all the organizers; a BIG THANK YOU to all the entrants, workers, volunteers, etc who attended this event. A few challenges came up along the way which all involved handled exceptionally well and with smiles. As Steve mentioned new records were set in all classes as well as a new Hill Record.

Thanks again to all,

Drew
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Congrats to Kevin R. for a FTD and a hill record...
Second that! Great run. Much better than my coulda, woulda, shoulda run that ended up with me stopped ten feet from the finish line. :oops: Good split times but I couldn't finish the deal.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

We will have to make sure to post the results of the Factory Sponsored Daewoo Challenge..... where are those "I beat Walter" t-shirts?
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:where are those "I beat Walter" t-shirts?
I'm thinking maybe I should revamp the results. Since we all obviously care about beating Walter I think I'll have to post results using a Walter Index. That will be a percentage of your time vs Walter. So my Walter index is 124 and Steve your Walter Index in 116. And Earl Hayes is right on the edge of greatness with a Walter Index of 99.5. :lol:
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I'm trying to get the results out and I just realized that Mike Sureau is listed twice. Once as an S1 car and once as a U1 car. Did he drive two different cars? If not should his times show up under U1 or S1?
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

KevinGale wrote:I'm trying to get the results out and I just realized that Mike Sureau is listed twice. Once as an S1 car and once as a U1 car. Did he drive two different cars? If not should his times show up under U1 or S1?
Mike was in his white STI- U1. He also has the blue STI- S1 but hasnt run it since last year.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Matt Larro was also listed as sp1 in his own class rather than amongst s1, fyi. His car is an Audi 90 rather than Bmw.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I plan to raise the baseline for the WI as soon as I can get enough fuel into the engine to not end up taking back home a Steve-like lump.

In early practice on Saturday I found the engine was going way lean above 5000 RPM at WOT. I have known all season that I was on the upper edge of the CIS-E fuel delivery capability. I began using VP 109 Oxygenated fuel at Okemo and as the Sunoco 100 in the tank became more and more diluted by adding the 109, the minor lean issue became a much bigger one. I am going to switch to sequential injection using Megasquirt over the winter and allow for such fuels in the design. For Philo I will be pumping out the 109 and going back to 100.
The older I get the better I was.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Thanks to the SCCNH crew for putting on one hell of an event. From the added excitement (?) of the Intergalatic Daewoo challenge-to the fact that there were 4 cars swapping FTD over the course of the weekend. Thanks also to Jeff for the T-shirts.
A couple of things that were great to see- Kevin Rhoads finally getting his 1st (of I'm sure many) FTD- and the turbo guys finally realizing that bragging about your dyno sheet Fri nite does you no good if you're on the trailer Sat. :lol:
walterclark wrote:
KevinGale wrote:I'm trying to get the results out and I just realized that Mike Sureau is listed twice. Once as an S1 car and once as a U1 car. Did he drive two different cars? If not should his times show up under U1 or S1?
Mike was in his white STI- U1. He also has the blue STI- S1 but hasnt run it since last year.
I think he is listed in the computer as 250 AND 250X.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.