Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

sdwarf36

Re: Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

Post by sdwarf36 »

Yup=I was charging the finish the best I could -trying to pull it back 3 gears thru the bumps. :shock:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

downhilly wrote:I found myself pushing harder and approaching the bridge faster than on a full course run in an attempt to finish strong I suppose. Anyone else feel the same way?

-K Rhoads
Yeah! On my third run Sunday I had to bail and just stay on the brakes hard. I came in too fast and couldn't slow down in the bumps. I stopped with one wheel off the pavement. I was on the same line the death mod took I just stopped sooner. Never done that before at Ascutney.

I've worked finish for many years and there is a noticable percentage of drivers (me included apparently) that will always try extra hard at finish. It's like we suddenly realize that this is our last chance to make up some time. :o
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

KevinGale wrote:It's like we suddenly realize that this is our last chance to make up some time. :o
So true.... it wasn't like we had 100 other opportunities before that last corner.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I've also noticed I push a little harder in the set of corners where the spilt time equipment is setup. That seems seems to help more than hurt. Maybe I just need to pretend every corner is a split time corner.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I changed my line into the bridge turn to an earlier apex in order to shorten the distance to the finish timing eye located at the leading edge of the right bridge rail and allow me to go in a bit faster...sort of a fast in - slow out approach since there was no need to be on a line for the next turn or be back on the throttle.
The older I get the better I was.