2013 Rules Proposals

3rdgendennis

Re: 2013 Rules Proposals

Post by 3rdgendennis »

More events sounds good, but for those of us with VERY limited budgets, that doesn't help the possibility of running for points either. That said, I would never complain about the return of Burke II or a new hill.
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
Challenger392
AntiSpam: No

Post by Challenger392 »

KevinGale wrote:In recent years things have been made worse by KSCC losing the second Burke. That means instead of being able to drop two events we can only drop one event and still qualify for points. Getting a second Burke back or adding some other event would also help more people qualify for points.
Bolton? that hasn't been run since 2004. I always thought that Bolton would be a really fun road to race.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I don't see Bolton as likely to happen. It's the only road into the resort, and the resort and those that live at the top are inconvenienced greatly when the road is shut down for racing. With there increased summer business, it would be a tough sale.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Challenger392 wrote:
KevinGale wrote:In recent years things have been made worse by KSCC losing the second Burke. That means instead of being able to drop two events we can only drop one event and still qualify for points. Getting a second Burke back or adding some other event would also help more people qualify for points.
Bolton? that hasn't been run since 2004. I always thought that Bolton would be a really fun road to race.
From someone who ran the last one-it won't work. There are 6? active side roads-there were times we would run one car-and wait for a locals car down-then one car up-then another down. (There was one teenage girl in a Subbie wagon that had more runs on the hill than any of us!) Beside the fact that there are only 2 turns-and the top portion of the hill is almost too fast. The pool and resturant at the top of the hill WAS nice though...
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

I didnt realize that it was such a short run, I had in mind the whole road not just that section. I see how that could be frustrating after you payed the entry fee and are expecting to get some good runs in.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support

2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Challenger392 wrote:I didnt realize that it was such a short run, I had in mind the whole road not just that section. I see how that could be frustrating after you payed the entry fee and are expecting to get some good runs in.
It was two miles and about two turns that had any significance for most cars. It was fun if you had big power since more corners came into play and you got to go really fast but not so fun if you were running anything else.

The big problem was we couldn't control the hill. Just too many roads, driveways and people. We had more than one case where non race cars suddenly appeared on the course. We were luckly not to have a head on collision. And the workers had to deal with very hostile people all day. That really sucked. My co-worker at finish had his life threatened at one point. This guy said he was going to drive over him with his truck and we believed him! We had to shut down the hill just for him.

It could be done again but I really think we would need a lot more workers. I'm not sure I could drive it. I still think about the multiple times we had a car coming up at speed and someone frantically calling for a red flag because there was a car going down the course and no one even knew where it came from.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

That's unfortunate. Safety being of utmost importance, running it would be not only dangerous for the racers but more so for a resident who might get run into. Too bad we don't have the authority to actually close down roads, that would open up many many possibilities for us. I can think of a few roads that would be excellent hill climb tracks.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support

2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

PA does it so it is certainly possible but they go big. The whole town is involved and so people see it more as a public event rather some some freaks who are trying to tell them they can't drive on the road they use every day.
Terry.Murphy

Post by Terry.Murphy »

I've seen two rules proposals, both from Don Taylor. Is that correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Don did send in two. I haven't heard of anything else being submitted. Might be a short rules meeting. Sweet!
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com