Spring Ascutney 2013

sachilles

Re: Spring Ascutney 2013

Post by sachilles »

Looks like prepared is going to be the place to play this year.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

walterclark wrote:Just got the SCCNH notice from Howard Roundy that the registrations is open. Again they are using (Icant)Motorsportreg.com. Again the whole web site has been revamped and again it is messed up. I cant get past the member/non-member page. It has all my and my car info from last time but keeps insisting I HAVE to have a SCCNH membership number: "The membership in Sports Car Club of New Hampshire could not be matched" in the lead of an error message across the top of the page. The same message comes up even though I have tried both member and non-member options. So, I click on the "event registrar" button to send a message and the email window that pops up says SCCVermont@aol.com. Wait..What?
Yep.... I'm the "online event registrar" while Michele is the "at the hill event registrar".... so, if you need help, I should be able to help.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

sachilles wrote:Looks like prepared is going to be the place to play this year.
Kick out you windshield + join us! Earned bugs taste good! :)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

NEHA site still has last year listed. Going to update soon? where is the event announcement with entry info?
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Drew tells me that I will have it Tues or Wed. Unsure why they pulled the trigger on MotorsportReg prior to posting the information here... must be a method to their madness. ;)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

The motorsports reg link is here http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... VGawjfYB8E
You can pay with check or credit card via the site.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

sdwarf36 wrote:
sachilles wrote:Looks like prepared is going to be the place to play this year.
Kick out you windshield + join us! Earned bugs taste good! :)
I thought about p2 for this year.
I think all I'd need is a kill switch and a window net.
I'm hoping to qualify for points this year, and would rather class myself where the most cars are going to show up.
I'm surprised there are not more entrants for sp3, there is metric ton of 2 liter turbo awd cars out there.
Sachilles
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I posted the information document to the Ascutney event page. Requested the paper entry form.

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_ascutney.html

steve
PRODOG

Post by PRODOG »

Happy Days to All ---

As you have read Don Taylor and I are chairing the May Ascutney and YES we plan to run the long course. We are calling this event "The Geezer Climb" since he and I are old and we like to tell old stories.

We will need approx 10 additional workers over "the norm" so be sure to spread the word. The plan is to have the "new wire crew" handle laying the wire from start to the normal finish -- the "old wire crew" is going to lay out and create drops from normal finish to the top. We have the wire, etc to do this so it should go smoothly (sure it will). This will all take place on Friday beginning late morning. We should have enough equipment to man all the checkpoints and as Walter mentioned in one of his posts he has built additional headsets/comm boxes so we will have the latest communication equipment all the way up the hill.

Also as posted the registration is on motorsports.com and printable versions are available as well. Thanks to Steve and Michelle for handling pre-reg and at event reg responsibilities.

We'll pass along more information when we think of it and remember how to log onto the Forum.

For now --- Happy Spring/Easter and all that stuff --- see you at Ascutney if not before

Drew
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

As Drew mentioned, the paper entry form is now available on the site for those of you not using motorsportreg. Additionally, the info document is available that has all the event details.

Let's get the word out!

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_ascutney.html

Steve