SCCV SLMP I 5/4-5/2013

Ryed
AntiSpam: No

SCCV SLMP I 5/4-5/2013

Post by Ryed »

I am happy to announce our first event of the SCCV racing season! The SCCV will host a time-trial track weekend @ SLMP on May 4-5. We hope to have a 2nd event over Labor Day weekend, so mark your calendars!

For those not familiar with SLMP, it is a ¾ mile road course built for shifter-cart racing. We have used it for many years as a time-trial track. You will get a ton of seat-time, and a guaranteed smile on your face…

This is a GREAT opportunity to shake down your car before the Hillclimb!

There is free on-site camping and affordable lodging available fairly close.

The pricing will remain the same as last year:
2 Day member: $125
2 Day non-member: $135
1 Day member: $65
1 Day non-member: $75

In previous years the track owner has allowed individual drivers access to the track on Fridays for $20 per driver. This policy has changed, as some people did not pay-to-play… In order to negotiate a lower rate to rent the track for the weekend, the individual rates for Friday will be increased, and he will be enforcing it more closely.

Individual rates for Friday will be as follows, and paid directly to the owner (cash only):

Full day: $50 per driver
Noon-Dusk: $40 per driver
4:00-Dusk: $20 per driver

For open cars - A roll bar which extends above the driver's head (with helmet on) when seated in the driving position is REQUIRED. No exceptions! If you have any question about your car please contact one of SCCV board members. This is for YOUR safety!

If you are not familiar with the “Tire Rule,” please check out this link:

http://sccv.org/cms/index.php?page=Track

Registration will open at the March SCCV meeting (3/18) and limited to SCCV Members only. SCCV Membership is available at the March meeting. We will extend member registrations RATES to CMC, SCCNH and KSSC members. Registration will be accepted in person at the meeting on 3/18. Registration will open for non-members on Thursday 3/26.

We will be doing mail in registration just in case we have to cancel and issue refunds.

There will be a maximum of 25 spots available, and a minimum of 16 to run the event. There are 22 openings for 2-Day registration, and 3 openings each day for 1-Day registrations.

In the event we reach our cap of 22 two day drivers, an entrant may combine two 1-day entries to fill each of the remaining spots until we reach our cap of 25 entrants. In the event that we reach our cap, we will establish a waiting list. Registrations will be posted as they are received based on postage date. Member registrations will not be accepted postmarked earlier than March 19th and Non-members registrations will not be accepted postmarked earlier than March 26th.

You may cancel your registration by contacting the event chairperson by 9pm, April 19th for a full refund (we'll return or tear up your check). After that time, if you cancel, we'll attempt to fill your slot from the wait list. If a replacement is found we'll return your entry fee otherwise it is forfeit.

Historically this event fills quickly.

You can download a registration form here: http://sccv.org/cms/uploads/File/slmp_reg.pdf
91 VW GTI VR6 Turbo "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F-150 "Tullibee"
2006 BMW 530xi "Grace Jones"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
sachilles

Re: SCCV SLMP I 5/4-5/2013

Post by sachilles »

I can not stress enough how fun an event this is. Primitive camping on site is free. Regrettably I have to miss it, as I'll be tearing around Tomorrowland speedway at Disney with my son that weekend.
It can be hard on brakes. Unlike the hillclimbs, there really isn't much to hit, so it's a good place to find where the limit of your car is. Most 5 speed cars hit their mid to upper end of their third gear on both of the main straights.

Some sample video of the course in my old wrx wagon(stock).
[youtube]http://youtu.be/stiVuNjK_xc[/youtube]
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'm hoping to use this as a shakedown for the RX7.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

I'm going to try to attend. I'll know soon. Plus I probably should join one of these clubs.

Wait, who scheduled SLMP on the same weekend as the SCCNH school & autox? Bummer. I'd have liked to do both.

Psst. Hey Dave! You're still listing "my" car in your "signature".

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Ryed

Post by Ryed »

Chief Geek wrote:Wait, who scheduled SLMP on the same weekend as the SCCNH school & autox? Bummer. I'd have liked to do both.

Paul
That was an oversight on our part, we did not look at the SCCNH calendar when planning this event. We only looked at SCCV and NEHA dates... My apologies for anyone conflicted by this.
91 VW GTI VR6 Turbo "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F-150 "Tullibee"
2006 BMW 530xi "Grace Jones"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Chief Geek wrote:I'm going to try to attend. I'll know soon. Plus I probably should join one of these clubs.

Wait, who scheduled SLMP on the same weekend as the SCCNH school & autox? Bummer. I'd have liked to do both.

Paul
It lives on in my heart! haha
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Non member registration is open for this event.

A great chance to shake down your car for the season.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66