Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Easy.... call John Reed.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Re: Evolution of a young hillclimber.

Post by sdwarf36 »

Pfft. Underdriven. Yawn. :|
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

"Rule book" engine...(note the size of the intake runner) - What you want? is more like a 250 cc motorcycle engine, which could push the Gator to orbit.... Better to start saving parts for the "new ride" - like a "car hauler" for the Gator that repurposes an old riding mower with a trailer that coincedntally helps a lot with yardwork.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

ummm

The older I get the better I was.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

sachilles wrote:So how am I going to fit this in there? Image
Please tell me that runs. It's so jacked-up insane, it's come around the other side and landed on awesome.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Yo, Geek - go look up the myriad SESCO engines and conversions, and get back to us with a new thread - we need to stop hijacking Andrew's.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I'm a firm believer that every good racer gets that way by participating in as many different forms of the sport as they can. Some would call that cross training.
One such example is the New England Forest rally. Andrew loves watching cars go sideways on dirt, which makes rally a draw for him, but on the downside there are no modifieds.
While trekking through the Sturtevant Pond stage, we found the biggest rocks painted orange in an effort to save the rally cars a little grief. Andrew assured me that even though the rally cars would have a tough time with the bumps, that modifieds would not have an issue with them.
It was great to have him out there on the stages so he could see the cars at full song.
Uncle Bucky's mobile hospitality services, made sure we never really roughed it.
Like the hillclimb family, rally folks have open pit areas. They are always great with the kids, despite the extreme levels of exhaustion. Image Certainly it helps to see familiar faces like Pascal, Tim, the Dennis entourage, Don, Walter, Samara, Paul and Amanda......but was a little confusing explaining why Paul and Amanda were there without the super chicken.

One of the perks of working the rally is amassing a large amount of swag.....which can be easy if you give folks puppy dog eyes.
Blah, Blah, Blah....Accelerate, something Andrew practices as much as he preaches.

With his first rally experience under his belt, Andrew put his new found education to use.
You have to be able to work on you race car in the middle of nowhere....press on regardless.

While taking a break from fixing the cage, Andrew decided a newly acquired sticker was in order.
Image We hope it will help him blast through the dirt, but hope none of the electrical gremlins come along with it.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Nice! Andrew is going to more race events this year than the rest of us. :geek: :ugeek:
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com