Ascutney I (2013) thanks, photos, and videos

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney I (2013) thanks, photos, and videos

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Here are the results (I haven't updated the website yet, but these are the correct links):

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/results ... turday.pdf

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/results ... sunday.pdf
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Great weekend and a fabulous event! Thanks Drew, Don, Terry, the workers, and SCCNH organizers for running the long course. I don't have any video from this weekend in the M3, but I will upload some of the Daewoo challenge runs. Although it was my gopro camera, I forgot to turn it on for my run. Grrrrrrr. But should have Steve's, Don's, and Terry's runs.

Jamie the kiwi
--
Jamie Melhuish
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

But should have Steve's, Don's, and Terry's runs.
Looking forward to see those record MAKING runs... we managed a WORLD RECORD for a Daewoo on the long course at Ascutney.

Of course, looking forward to Ascutney II when you get to make a run with a full tank of gas so it doesn't cut out. :?
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

walterclark wrote: Still figuring out the GoPro thing. I like the camera (Hero3 Black) but I found it easier on the battery to dumb it down and just use the One Button mode. This video is from the the 1080 rez recording.
Walter - What field of view are you using? I've been looking at the GoPro models and thinking I might have to buy the Hero3 Black to get the narrow field of view option in hi-def. I really don't like the wide fields of view as they tend to make the sharp corners looks like slight bends in the road. I'm hoping the narrow field of view helps with this problem.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Kiwi wrote: I forgot to turn it on for my run. Grrrrrrr.
Lost my fastest run of the weekend. I remembered to turn it on. I just forgot to put the SD card back in the camera. :oops:
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Rich (#55x) and I (#13x) learned a lot, didn't break anything, and had a great time. I haven't burned that much adrenaline since college. Just fantastic.

Rich/Dad doesn't do "forums" but he enjoyed himself so much that he's really annoyed that he'll miss Burke because he and Mom are babysitting their grand-kids that weekend. Mom has been put on notice not to schedule anything for a hill climb weekend ever again.

Thanks to Don, Drew, & the workers. Everything went perfectly, couldn't have been better.

Thanks Mike, John, Jamie, Chris, and all the rest of our "rookie-driver coaches". You all made it safer, faster, and more fun for both of us.

Thanks to Dave E's wife. Her hay-burner forced Dave to sell his old ride in order to build his new one. Thanks to Dave for keeping it in such good shape. Miata calipers don't normally come off of the slider-pins without a heavy dose of foul language.

Neither of us can wait until the next event.

Paul
Last edited by Chief Geek on Wed May 22, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

My battery turned out to be bad for the fam run, and I had no time to get the other one before my first and only good run.
Of course the datalogging I like to do decided to have a fit on the run I have video of.
As luck would have it, I have video and data from nursing the car up the hill on Sunday at a pace slower than the daewoo on a bad day. :roll: :lol:
Oh well.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

My Wife and brother took a few pictures and videos, here they are

http://db.tt/uvcfga5q
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

If anybody cares to see what it's like to destroy a subaru clutch, see the link below. Run starts at 1:45

direct link to 1:45http://youtu.be/3gCRpe2cmaI?t=1m43s
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

KevinGale wrote:
walterclark wrote: Still figuring out the GoPro thing. I like the camera (Hero3 Black) but I found it easier on the battery to dumb it down and just use the One Button mode. This video is from the the 1080 rez recording.
Walter - What field of view are you using? I've been looking at the GoPro models and thinking I might have to buy the Hero3 Black to get the narrow field of view option in hi-def. I really don't like the wide fields of view as they tend to make the sharp corners looks like slight bends in the road. I'm hoping the narrow field of view helps with this problem.
That is in narrow. I recently updated the firmware and things like narrow became an option.
The older I get the better I was.