Ascutney I (2013) thanks, photos, and videos

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Ascutney I (2013) thanks, photos, and videos

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Had a great time this weekend. Thanks to all the extra volunteers needed to make the long hill a success.

Thanks to Drew and Don for chairing the event and to Jeff for working the grill

Great time! Enjoyed the upper section.... Need to get more seat time to be comfortable to stay on the throttle on the upper straight.... Very fast!

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
BugEyeRex

Re: Ascutney I (2013) thanks, photos, and videos

Post by BugEyeRex »

Ditto. Fantastic event!
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

I also agree. It was a spectacular event. I couldn't have been happier with the weather, the event, and the car. Thank you to everyone involved, It was an awesome first Hillclimb.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
TronDD

Post by TronDD »

It was an awesome time! It was a perfect first hillclimb and it won't be my last.

The only mishap was my skid plate falling off Saturday morning on the way to hill. :D Bitten by New England rust.

Thanks to the organizers, the workers, and the cooks (both official and unofficial).

Tim.
PRODOG

Post by PRODOG »

Thanks to everyone for making last weekend a success. Don and I simply plotted the course while the hard work was done by all the volunteers. From what we could tell everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves.

We especially want to thank our favorite Park Ranger and the Vermont Parks and Recreation department --- without their help we could never make this happen.

Also a big thank you to all the entrants/drivers for their participation and not causing many delays due to "offs' or incidents. Only rolling the wrecker 1 time was a big help.

Thanks again and see all of you soon

Drew
Ryed

Post by Ryed »

Big thanks to everyone that made this event possible. Sponsors, Chairs, volunteers, workers, cooks, and Park staff. I went home with big (exhausted) smile on my face. Looking forward to many more hills! Now I need to figure out my hot starting issue...
91 VW GTI VR6 Turbo "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F-150 "Tullibee"
2006 BMW 530xi "Grace Jones"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Great event. Loved the long course and the chicken. Here is in car from my last run on Sunday. Thanks to Sherm for the use of the GoPro.

Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Kevin.... Could you shift next time so we know you're working really hard at your times?!?

Looks like fun to drive. I am going to purchase your car's twin for Julie.... She doesn't shift either.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
downhilly

Post by downhilly »

Awesome driving Kevin, congratulations on FTD! Now I see where you gain all that time on me! Crazy fast the whole course, but everything past the bridge is just very impressive.

-K Rhoads
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

downhilly wrote:Awesome driving Kevin, congratulations on FTD! Now I see where you gain all that time on me! Crazy fast the whole course, but everything past the bridge is just very impressive.

-K Rhoads
Yeah by my rough estimate you are probably a 2-3 seconds faster on the bottom. I'm getting better but I still chicken out a bit on the crowned part. Once I hit the bridge I feel a lot more confident. I am finding that the faster I go the less the crown bothers the car. Just need to keep working on that.