washing a fire suit

Challenger392
AntiSpam: No

washing a fire suit

Post by Challenger392 »

After Burke my Sparco Jade suit is filthy, it says dry clean on it. Should I believe it or can I just throw it in the wash? I don't want to have to add dry cleaning to the race budget. :D
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
walterclark

Re: washing a fire suit

Post by walterclark »

Most events shouldnt be so messy, but open wheel cars do come with their own unique little quirks....

I hate it when manufacturers come up with their own label for more common stuff. FPF is probably treated cotton which is washable, but its not stated so just follow the mfrs directions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: washing a fire suit

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

http://www.sparcousa.com/faq
How do I clean / wash my firesuit?

Sparco recommends dry cleaning your suit to preserve the life of your safety garment for as long as possible. Your Sparco Race suit should be treated with the same respect as your Sunday Suit. After each driving session, please remove the suit whenever possible and hang dry to remove moisture and to prevent grease/oil from staining the suit while working on your car.

Washing instructions: If you wash your suit, Sparco recommends hand washing or washing it in on a delicate cycle in the washing machine inside a garment wash bag with COLD water. Please make sure that the belt and collar are closed on the suit, to prevent the velcro from causing damage to the nomex fabric. Woolite soap is recommended as it is a non-abrasive detergent. DO NOT use bleach or anything similar. When drying the suit, always let the suit drip dry, indoors (out of the sunlight)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com