Mt. Washington Hillclimb is on for 2014!

sdwarf36

Re: Mt. Washington Hillclimb is on for 2014!

Post by sdwarf36 »

Funny that you came on here now + mentioned that. Not 10 minutes ago I met up with Warren Elliot in the the center of town*-we were talking about team Hale + banging your car back to shape!

* Its a running joke between me + Warren- we live 5 miles apart-but I only ever see him in Vt.! :lol: You SURE you live in town?
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
hillclimbevo
AntiSpam: No

Post by hillclimbevo »

Warren was the one who finally pulled me away from fixing the car and said "you need to get up that mtn to see the top section before tomorrow!" Those guys were a HUGE help with everything. Also, It was nice to have that amazing workspace to work on the car. Now if i could just get Warren to give me some instruction on the dirt driving part.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Anyone have Mt Washington results from 2000 ?
Thanks, Brian
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I do I was the one doing the results that year and a couple others.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npbje6br7o0c9 ... esults.pdf
vwlover

Post by vwlover »

Here's a link to the official announcement of Travis Pastrana returning to Subaru Rally Team USA and as a result, the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb June 26-29, 2014.

http://www.subaru.com/content/subaru/en ... amusa.html
Don Kennedy

Post by Don Kennedy »

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see Mt Washington mentioned in that link.
Robevo

Post by Robevo »

i wonder, since he didnt run the 2013 RA championship he will be allowed to run the rally class in 2014 ... because by they rule (which excluded me from 2014 race event) he doesnt "qualify" for the 2014 event also.
RallyLass

Post by RallyLass »

Robevo wrote:i wonder, since he didnt run the 2013 RA championship he will be allowed to run the rally class in 2014 ... because by they rule (which excluded me from 2014 race event) he doesnt "qualify" for the 2014 event also.
Robevo My understanding of the rules for the Rally section of the hill climb is that they will look at the top 20 National Class After the first 3 events. So If Travis is ranked in the top 20 after 100AW and Oregon then he will be invited. Which to the best of my knowledge there isn't many more than 20 competing nationally. Again my understanding is that if you had competed in the First three Rally America 2014 rounds and ranked in the top 20 then you also would get an invite.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

I've heard a few people say they have already gotten invitations from RA. I'm wondering if Higgins and Pastrana will run Open rather than the rally class
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
minirally

Post by minirally »

for sure if pastrana,higgings or block register later than the common people registration,they be accept!! Normal, they drain more spectators than no-names... and make the event more spectacular!! I,d love to see Block video from the mount washington..... great exposure for the club and the fans!
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared