Split times

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Split times

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

3rdgendennis wrote:Someone posted the radar speeds on the hillclimb or okemo page on facebook. If no one else does, I'll find the link when I get a chance
I posted on the forums in another thread that everything was posted to hillclimb.org about a week ago+. Just in case someone missed it...

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_results.html

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Hey everyone. I was gifted an old ink-jet printer that I can run at my check station.

This means, if someone from run group B stops at my checkpoint on their way down the hill, I'll give them a stack of 10 or so copies of that runs split times. Preferably, one of the last people to come down, so I have time to finish my spreadsheet and print.

Let me know if anyone that typically runs in the 2nd run group wants to volunteer. I'll snag some large envelopes from work so the papers don't blow around.

Also, Sharon has put me at check 5 on Sat for sure so I'll be doing splits around turns 12-15. Any driver willing to volunteer to show me where good sensor positions are would be greatly appreciated. I have much more sensor wire this time so we have much more flexibility.

Let me know if anyone can volunteer for either of these things and I'll find you tonight or Sat AM.

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

I can probably grab the split times on my way down...I'll have an extra pair of hands in the car so it'll work out :D
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Thanks for everyones help at Okemo 2. I had a great time and my gizmos even worked pretty well.

A couple of split timer upgrades are in the works. One will be more precise car sensors. The current ones are accurate to within 25 msec (0.025 sec). The upgrade will improve the accuracy to +/- 2 or 3 msec.

If someone will tell me how, I'll post illustrated maps of where the Okemo 1 and Okemo 2 sector times were taken.

Any comments about split timer locations? Any favorites?

A new feature for Okemo 2 was split time postings after each run. Last weekend, I printed a few copies of the spit time sheets after each run and sent them down with #33 to be posted on the "timing and scoring" RV. Did anyone see them? Helpful, not helpful, didn't notice, or don't care?

Please post any other comments, suggestions, complaints, recommendations to get a life, etc.

I'm going to the Max Moto, long-course Ascutney event. If I can work out their timing system, I'll do splits there too. Any recommendations for where the sectors should be? I was thinking about setting up at the Ambulance checkpoint (Check 4?) and I'll have enough wire to set one sensor before the right leading onto the ambulance "short chute" and one after the left-hand hairpin. Any other ideas/requests?

Paul
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Do you have the graphics hosted somewhere?
If so you use the img tags around the file name.
It will look like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.example.com/samplepicture.jpg[/img]
If you don't have the pictures hosted anywhere, you can get a photobucket or picasa account and host the pictures there for free. If you'd rather not deal with that you can send them to me at sethachilles at gmail DOT com and I'll put them on photobucket and link them for you.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Here a link to a picasa album with totally new Okemo 2 maps.

https://picasaweb.google.com/pmalko/Chi ... directlink

Currently, there are 4 images, with "map style" and "satellite image" style in both printer resolution (8.5" x 11" @ 300dpi) and web resolution (approx 800 x 600 px). Download away.

If anyone want's different sizes or to show more or less detail, let me know. The native image resolution is 7500x5300 px and uses the highest res. satellite images I can get from Google Maps. Also, all of the individual elements are seperate layers so editing is still super flexible and pretty easy.

Paul

PS In case anyone cares, I'm using GIMP for image processing and I'll ftp the master file (.xcf) to anyone that wants it. Warning, it's 120MB.
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

I added a graphical copy of the Sunday final results sheet to the Picasa album. Maybe this will help someone that want's to compare times while looking at a map.

Any feedback on the maps?

Paul
Chief Geek

2012 Ascutney 2

Post by Chief Geek »

Anyone have an opinion where I should do split times this weekend?

My current plan, that can easily be changed if the crowd likes, is to work at check 4 and place 2 sensors, one near the entry to turn 13 and the other after turn 14. This means the sectors are:

Sector 1: Start to entry of turn 12
Sector 2: Entry of turn 12 to exit of turn 15
Sector 3: Exit of turn 15 to finish.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Paul
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I like that.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Sounds good.
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)