(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

Re: (2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by drummingpariah »

hammer wrote:So instead of posting each picture within the thread using Photobucket, I've decided to create a folder in my Dropbox account and just put them in there. This makes it a little easier for me to upload and it allows you all to get the highest image resolution and quality as I was finding Photobucket to be lacking. So here is a folder with all of the pictures I've already uploaded to this thread (including car #169) so that you all can get a higher quality copy if you wish. From now on, if anyone wants a picture of their car, I will just update this folder.
-Sam

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tlmzskz443pxx60/3TK4tgbeir
I think I'm going to do something similar at the next event. If I bring along a laptop with around 10tb of attached storage, would you all be interested in dumping all your photos/videos onto it so everyone at the event has access to them all? I don't mind hosting it, it seems like it'd be beneficial for everyone. The original photographers/videographers would retain all commercial rights (for calendars? magazine spreads? anything along those lines), but this process seems overly complicated. Drivers who'd like to see their car in action have to specifically request their car/number, then whatever photographers who happen to see that request have to rummage through their media from the event, upload to some hosting service, then link back to that media on here. It's unnecessarily difficult.
vwlover wrote:
ALWAYS good to get any female to talk a bit
Jesse, I would be happy to give an interview. We need more women racers!
Try to think of something encouraging ahead of time, then. I don't know if I'll have time to make it out to the last event this season, but I'll bring along the camera (maybe a few, I'm still working out that plan) next season. I'll be driving through the bulk of it, but there's always time to sit down in front of a camera for 15 minutes or so to tell a good story.
Last edited by drummingpariah on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammer

(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by hammer »

You're welcome Julie!

Jesse. I'm not opposed to dumping all of my pictures on your laptop to upload, but I know I usually like to so some editing before posting them which I (understandably) don't have time to do at the event.
Sam Moultroup
http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/
--------------------
2015 VW GTI
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1985 Honda Nighthawk S
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Challenger392 wrote:Paul malko, aka chief geek. How's the video from your "hidden camera" coming. I'm exited to see what it looks like.
I'm working on it. How should I process the videos for youtube? Do people want one video of all of the cars with the gaps edited out or 40 individual, 25-sec videos? Please post here or PM me with preferences or requests.

Having watched all of it at least once, I realize I'd mounted it too high. Lower would have been cooler. As it is, you can really tell the difference between fast and FAST. #202 may be the only one that made the camera (tree?) shake. #24 needs to do some aero work, no one else made the foliage move half as much.

Paul

PS I'll also be uploading all of the raw footage to Jesse's site where he may be able to make it available. Also, I have everything on a USB hard drive at Philo, find me and bring your laptop.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Beggars can't be choosers so whatever format is easiest is fine. If you decide to be ambitious you could post them individually and make them into a play list so it could be watched in parts or as a whole. I will bring a flash drive to philo to steal any video of my car.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
jayflea22

Post by jayflea22 »

Sam Just saw your post. If you have any photos of car 22X, red neon, I'd apprciate it. Thank. Jay Lewis
hammer

Post by hammer »

Sam Moultroup
--------------------
2015 VW GTI
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1985 Honda Nighthawk S
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

hammer wrote:You're welcome Julie!

Jesse. I'm not opposed to dumping all of my pictures on your laptop to upload, but I know I usually like to so some editing before posting them which I (understandably) don't have time to do at the event.

I TOTALLY understand, and am not opposed to after-the-fact uploads either. I'm just trying to make it easier for people who just snap a few point and shoot shots or go pro videos.

Speaking of that, Im considering renting a pile of video and audio gear for Philo. Ill lay out the details in that area of the forum though. I figure I should get as much footage as possible before I start driving and have other things on my mind.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I forgot to mention... the results have been posted.

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_results.html

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Chief Geek wrote:
Challenger392 wrote:Paul malko, aka chief geek. How's the video from your "hidden camera" coming. I'm exited to see what it looks like.
I'm working on it. How should I process the videos for youtube? Do people want one video of all of the cars with the gaps edited out or 40 individual, 25-sec videos? Please post here or PM me with preferences or requests.
Raw footage is best (full size video). I already PM'ed you the FTP info.

Thanks
Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
Raw footage is best (full size video). I already PM'ed you the FTP info.

Thanks
Steve
Hmmm... Uploading 18 GB of video via my 1Mbps-down & 128kbps-up DSL line will take... a while. Let me whittle things down a little first. I won't cut the clips too close to the action so you can do your own editing.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)