Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

smokey15

Re: Ascutney #2 (2012) Videos and Photos and Thanks

Post by smokey15 »

Thanks again for all the Birthday wishes and kind words. Also to George & Terese for the great Birthday Cake.

Smokey
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote:Matt Larro was also listed as sp1 in his own class rather than amongst s1, fyi. His car is an Audi 90 rather than Bmw.
Thanks I did fix the SP1 and I changed it to a Audi but I didn't know it was an Audi 90. I need to alter the software to prevent entering the P.
NHRallyGuy

Post by NHRallyGuy »

Greetings,

I'd like to take this opportunity to join Drew, Steve and others to say THANK YOU to everyone who made this past weekend's 2012 DENT SPORT GARAGE FALL MT ASCUTNEY HILLCLIMB such a success!

First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU to Jeff & Sarah Barrette for co-chairing the event, for the great prizes (custom T-shirts!) and for all their hard work. Well done guys - thank you!

Next, I'd like to say THANK YOU to the many volunteers who donated their resources and time out of their busy schedules to make this event happen. We always say that we can't hold these events without the voilunteers and it's so very true - we couldn't. So, THANK YOU to ALL the volunteers for your dedication and support, we very much appreciate all you did to make this event successful!

I'd also like to send a special "shout out" to Mr. Don Taylor for all he's done for our sport - from donating wrecker services for each and every NEHA Hillclimb for the past ten years, to reserving lean-tos at Mt. Ascutney for SCCNH, to donating the use of the extremely rare (and blindingly fast!) factory-backed Daewoo "Hillclimb Special" to the masses for the Daewoo Challenge, there just aren't enough words to properly express our sincere appreciation for all that Don does for the sport of hillclimbing. So, THANK YOU Don for all you've done... you truly are amazing!!!

Thank you as well to all the Drivers who entered this past weekend's event... there was some great competition on the hill all weekend long in all the classes and some new "record holders" were crowned as a result. Congrats to Kevin Rhoades for taking FTD in that beautifully prepared (and DSG-tuned!) Subaru WRX STI. Well done Kevin, congrats!!!

Thank you to everyone at DENT SPORT GARAGE in Norwood, MA for your generous support as the Title Sponsor of this weekend's event, we couldn't have done it without you! We hope you enjoyed the event...

Last but not least, I'd like to send a special THANK YOU out to Ranger Mark Gedmin. This was Mark's last event with us at Mt. Ascutney as the Park Ranger as he's decided to return to school to get his Master's Degree in Elementary Education. Mark has been the ultimate host for these hillclimbs for a number of years now and he will truly be missed. However, we wish him all the best as he moves forward in his career.

In closing, THANK YOU again to everyone who made this past weekend's event at Mt. Ascutney so successful! It was great seeing everyone and we certainly hope you had a great time as well.

Take care,

Paul Giblin - President, SCCNH
Paul Giblin
Cell Phone: (603) 986-1217
E-mail: paulgiblin@usa.net
Georgethefierce
AntiSpam: No

Post by Georgethefierce »

As one of the token new guys I'd also like to say thanks to the club on the whole for making me feel welcome, the much deserved ball busting, and just the overall great time that my GF and I had this weekend, Thanks a ton to Sherman for helping me get my car safe for the hill and especially thank you to the corner workers that had to point my reverse challenged car up the hill a couple of times (as well as my fellow competitors who had to pick me up and point me DOWN the hill once).....great event with great people, we'll be back for sure!
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

So... as a new hillclimber, how did you like how the Dwarf handled the crown in the road and the bumps?

Steve (driving the Golf with the American flag on the roof)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

My first morning run. I still don't understand this hill.
Last edited by sachilles on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

I would like to thank all of SCCNH, DSG, and all the great workers for a great event! Thanks to all the fellow drivers for putting up with my dad and I double driving. It was good to see him behind the wheel of the Mutt again. He had a good time.

Seth, I think you are right about the hill. I still have much to learn about this hill.
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Youtoooob is down, so I tried Vimeo for kicks. Made a short clip of one run, one camera angle, no artsy-fartsy stuff..... that will be in a future version that I should have done by the weekend. Long week.

Anyway, here is the Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/49653795

Once EweToob has their poop together, I'll post the next version over there (unless I start to like Vimeo better)

Steve
Terry.Murphy

Post by Terry.Murphy »

Thanks a bunch to the workers and also Jeff and Sarah for coming out of retirement to run a great event! I had a blast as always and can't wait to see everyone again!

Here's my quickest run on Sunday....

http://youtu.be/981nHczBBGQ

2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car